PRODUCTS I REGRET BUYING | FEBRUARY EDITION | ALEESHA MARIAH

Tuesday 23 February 2016




Hello lovelies! I was in boots a few weeks ago and I thought I would test out a few new products which I had seen advertised. The first thing I bought was the L'OREAL Paris False Lash Sculpt mascara. The mascara claims that in just one stoke you'll get 3 effects, a tight line at the root, volume at the core and a fanned out effect at the tip.  Personally I don't believe you can achieve this in one brush and it takes a lot of wiggling to fan your lashes out to. 

The brush is awful! It's plastic and I find it difficult trying to get it to cling on to my lashes. The little plastic tips which are meant to cling onto your lashes are so small that it hardly touches them. When I finally did get it to work my lashes clung together and it looked horrible. I like things that are easy and hassle free so this mascara is definitely not good for that. I wouldn't recommend this product and if I'm honest I think I'm going to chuck it away! I'm really disappointed me because I love L'OREAL Paris but they have let themselves down with this product. 

The second thing I bought also links in with the third product. I've set out a task for myself to try out as may high-street and drug-store foundations as possible so I can try and find the best one in my opinion. 
I purchased REVLON PHOTOREADY AIRBRUSH EFFECT FOUNDATION in the shade 003 shell. The application of this foundation was disappointing because it felt very heavy and cakey on my skin and also clung to dry patches making my skin look flaky. I have combination skin so it would probably work better on oily skin types. It also has shimmering pigments in it which you cant see through the bottle but when its on your skin you look like a disco ball. Another product I will not be using again. 

The third product is the REVLON PHOTOREADY PERFECTING PRIMER. The issue I have with this primer is it has a pink tinge to it and makes my skin look a bit strange. Again like the foundation it's very heavy and with the foundation it doesn't look the best.

Have you tried any of these products? What do you think of them? Did they work better for you? Let me know in the comments below of tweet me at @aleeshamariah_ :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS